Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A new hobby

On church Sunday, we had lots of comments and smiles from different people. They thought we were pretty funny. Many of them said our write up "made [them] smile." Or laugh... :)

Before Relief Society one sister came up and asked us if we would please come to their Family Home Evening Enrichment group to introduce ourselves a little bit more. It seems like we have a lot of older sisters in the ward, which we really like. Anyway, then she said she noticed that we have a little band and she would really like us to play a little number at the FHE group. So we went home, and I don't have my recorder here and Michelle doesn't have her xylophone. Tonya got out her harmonica and said to try it, so I did. I figured out how to play some little songs. Last night after we did our painting for the evening, I told Vibeke and Tonya that we should go to the mall because I wanted to get my own harmonica. So we went and bought one.

When we got home, Tonya and I pulled out the Hymnbook and started playing different hymns trying to find one we could play for the little group. We had so much fun. It was really fun to learn how to play it and I think I should practice some more though. It was fun to learn a new hobby.

1 comment:

David y Amy said...

You are hilarious. I would love to hear your harmonica skills:) It's good to see that you are still alive. Can't wait to see you!--I love your introduction! It made me laugh too.