Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blessings

I have so many things to be thankful for. I hadn't planned on going home for Thanksgiving, but when Monday came and Lori and not had the baby yet, I just decided I would go. So Tuesday morning I left early and had a good trip home. Thanksgiving was really small with just Mom, Dad, Grandma, Papa, and me. We had a really nice day!

I was also able to make the traditional fruitcake while I was home. I asked Grandma if it was going to be bad if I did it on Wednesday. The traditional day to make it is on Friday after Thanksgiving because you can feed the family leftovers so you have time and energy to make it then. But I knew Dad was going to be off work on Friday, so I made 2 1/2 batches for Grandma and 1 1/2 batches for Mom on Wednesday. It turned out so well!

Every time I talk with Grandma about the recipe for fruitcake, she reminds me of when she was up at the State Fair and the judge was walking around tasting all of the different fruitcake samples. The judge picked up Grandma's and said "Now this is a fruitcake." And it is. The recipe is really good, and when you put as many raisins, dates, and nuts as we put in it, it is very heavy and very yummy. I really do enjoy that family tradition.

On Friday afternoon Grandma Coleen called and had just gotten home from her trip to Colorado Springs, so I was able to go spend some time with her. I have been attempting to crochet a little white baby dress, but I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly. I took it over and she said it was okay, so I guess I will keep going on it!

Mom came back with me on Saturday and we had a good trip back. We laughed a lot and enjoyed being together (at least I enjoyed it). We got back and enjoyed seeing Lori and Jordan. We were even more excited to see Lori and Jordan at the hospital on Monday with their precious little Mckenzie. She is so sweet and I am excited for them to be able to go home today.

Last night Mom and I were able to go to see Savior of the World up at the Conference Center Theater. It really was amazing! We talked about how cool it would be to do it for a pageant. It was just so awesome.

No comments: