Thursday, October 11, 2007

Busy, Busy

Yesterday was so funny. For IP&T, we started having a lunch once a week so people can mingle and network with each other - faculty and students. So I decided if I took a crock pot with soup in it, then I could drop it off and leave it during the day. So that is what I did. Every time I walked into the McKay building, I could smell the soup all the way down the hall and a number of other people told me the same thing. So I made chicken soup and Sara Joy made chili. I also made some rolls and we had chocolate chip cookies and pink icing cookies. I was really excited to see how people did start to meet other people. It made it all worth it. We even had other people from other departments coming by for a cookie. :)

Last night I worked on my research synthesis assignment and I think I know what I want to do my research on. I want to understand how ESL teachers learn how to teach. I want to look at Elementary/Secondary teachers, Higher education teachers (like the ELC) and I also want to look at schools that are not affiliated with a university to see if the program that the students attend affects their learning. I am really excited now!

I also had an insight that was interesting to me. I was reading in 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the atemple of God, and that the bSpirit of God dwelleth cin you?
17 If any man adefile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is bholy, which temple ye are.
Always before, I have just thought of this as being moral cleanliness, but really, I think it encompasses all of caring for our physical bodies. It includes feeding them, exercising them, expanding our mind through our studies (spiritual and temporal), resting, and caring for our emotional needs, etc. So I decided I need to work more on taking better care of my own body.

2 comments:

Lori said...

CARY!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? Come visit me!

Lori said...

Why haven't you changed your blog for awhile... I need updates!