Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Great Day

Today has been an interesting day. I attended the BYU devotional today. The Senate-Majority Leader, Harry Reid, spoke on Faith, Family, and Public Service. I was really impressed with him. He talked about growing up in a mining town in southern Nevada. He said his education is what changed his life. Especially because that is where he came into contact with the Church.
Afterwards, I had agreed to meet a former student to help her on her paper, but she said we needed to go eat lunch first. She is funny because if I order something small, she gets mad at me. I decided I'm going to take dinner to her family on Sunday because it is her birthday on Saturday. Then I helped her with her paper.

This afternoon I have been researching a couple of different topics. I'm trying to decide what I want to research for my class this semester. For one of the classes I am going to write about how students develop their language in study abroad programs. In the other class, I think I want to research how people learn to be teachers. I don't know why finding a topic is so hard. I guess there are many topics I am interested in, so I have a hard time pinning it down to one focused topic.


Tonight I'll go teach my Daily Dose class. We have had a few new people come to class, so that has made it really nice. It's good to have a group to teach rather than one or two.

No comments: